Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PAD 10 Crash

Michael called yesterday morning, Monday, why would he think anyone would be here on a Monday morning, except we all were, Jackson and I sick, Bob eating strawberries and reading Andrew Sullivan. Michael was trying to sort plastic containers and find their matching lids. What a waste of talent. Here's a photo of Stella, after we moved into the rental house, after she performed the miracle Tupperware Sorting Trick -- I don't think many of them are actually Tupperware anymore, but I still call them that. Can't forget those great parties.

Here's the poem I wrote about Tupperware, I wrote it yesterday.

Elegy for the Dead That Held Fast

Envelope flower pot jewelry box coffin
Handbag briefcase coin purse satchel
Mason jar hat box girl scout canteen
Letter box ink well match box tureen
Canister cake tin wardrobe cradle
Tool shed wood shed button box cedar chest
Pickle barrel laundry basket soap box
Wheel barrow soda bottle lobster pot

And here's a photo of a beautiful hat box I found -- somebody still makes a beautiful thing out of wood.



No comments: