Sunday, April 19, 2009

Okay: A Poem A Day: For Bob

I used to do this whole poem a day thing, actually for about 18 months, then stopped for a long time. I heard all the clarion calls to write a poem a day (PAD) for this year's Poetry Month, but I have been negligent. Then I started cruising the blog land of poems and started to feel badly. So I will pad again, starting now. And since it's the 19th of the month already, I will pad until May 19th. It's going to be really hard. I'm warning you, those of you who may notice, that I am seriously out of shape. Let's see what I can do.

Moon Over Half Dome

My love borrowed
a corduroy jacket,
golden, soft, too small.

My love knelt
in new weeds, old dirt.
In evening wind.

My heart, startled,
rose like a search light
behind ancient granite.

Anyone
who looked that night
saw the moon.

No comments: